Win10 computer installed solid-state drive is still slow to boot, lag and so on, more than a small number of partners expressed puzzlement to ask the fast start editor: not to say that the addition of a solid-state drive will be able to boot and run smoothly it … Although the installation of solid-state drives must be much faster than mechanical hard drives if you do not pay attention to understand some of the characteristics of solid-state impact and optimization settings before.
First Step: Install the system on the SSD
If the SSD is installed, you need to set the SSD as the system disk. Only when the SYSTEM is installed on the SSD can the display performance be better. Some computers, however, install a SOLID-state drive without using it as a system disk. The system is still installed on top of the original mechanical hard drive, which is used to store files. Of course, you will not experience the speed of a solid-state drive, so you get the idea.
Second Step: Solid-state drives with good optimization settings
If you have installed the system on the SSD, but still feel win10 computer boot slow, slow, etc. problems, then have to understand your SSD whether to do a good job of optimization Settings, generally speaking, need to do the following checks:
➡️The SSD needs to be connected to the SATA3(6Gbps) data interface on the mainboard
Check to see if your SSD is connected to the SATA3.0 port on the motherboard (except for the M.2 SSD), as this is standard, and if your SSD is connected to the previous GENERATION SATA2.0 port, it can limit SSD performance.
➡️Enable the AHCI option for SATA interfaces in the BIOS
AHCI is now enabled by default on mainstream motherboards. In addition to the old motherboard need to enter BIOS settings, and change the default IDE option to the AHCI option, this is one of the very important optimizations, otherwise, the SSD speed will be greatly affected.
➡️4K alignment required for SSDs
Setting 4K alignment is an essential optimization for SSD partitioning. It’s important to note that if you don’t have 4K alignment on your SSD, you’re not going to get the experience of switching on and off at warp speed and running your software to some extent.
If the operation of the above you have to realize, but I still feel less than the feeling of SSD process, so this may be your win10 system optimization does not reach the designated position, such as boot startup is overmuch, the system is bloated and so on questions, this case needs to optimize system, suggest change a win10 reshipment system with respect to ok.
- Solid-state drive reinstallation win10 system if repartitioning to achieve 4k alignment will format all the disk data, you remember to back up the C disk files.
- Solid-state drive reinstallation win10 system need to install the system through u disk to achieve, first need to download u disk boot disk creation tool, make a fast boot u disk boot disk (need to understand the fast boot u disk tutorial).
- Solid-state drive reinstallation win10 system needs to download a win10 system you want to install, and then put in the fast boot u disk boot disk, so first u disk capacity to be large enough.
Solid-state hard drive reinstall win10 system operation
- After all the preparations are done, we will fast startup u disk boot disk plugged in the computer USB interface, boot in the screen appears through the computer laptop u disk boot shortcut keys (usually F12 or ESC) to enter the boot menu interface, and then select u disk boot items can enter the pe system desktop;
- After entering the pe desktop, we choose “fast startup” which comes with the partitioning tool “DiskGenius” for partitioning, select the partition must remember to check the “align to the following sector number of integer multiples “, that is, we often say that the SSD 4K partition alignment, solid-state drives must be set up 4K alignment.
- After the partition, can return to the fast start pe desktop, open the fast start one-click installation tool, click the disk you need to install the system as the system disk (to C disk for example) and click Browse to select the original Win10 system image file to add-in, and then click a key to install to release the file, wait a few moments the system will reboot, unplug u disk to reboot after the Win10 system installation interface. Progress bar to go after the successful installation of the Win10 system.
Win10 SSD boots slow, some insights, we must understand the detailed process, hope this article can help you!