There is a vast array of medical applications, ranging from diagnostic instruments as MRI and CT scanners, ultrasound systems, to blood testing and dialysis machines and infusion pumps. The amount of data stored can be small, as in heart rate monitoring equipment for example, or large as in X-Ray imaging. Nonetheless, there is one common aspect: qualifying and certifying components for medical use is a lengthy, expensive task and the timeline from the initial testing to volume production may extend over several years. Any requalification needs to be avoided as much as possible.
This requires storage products that have a frozen BOM and long availability for many years. The portfolio of products for medical use ranges from SD/ microSD memory cards or CF cards for handheld medical appliances to 2.5” or M.2 SSDs with high bandwidth and capacity for medical imaging.
- Medical treatment
- Monitoring systems
- Medical vision
- Medical imaging
- Point-of-care testing
- Augmented reality
- Highest quality: Medical treatment or diagnostic devices may not fail
- Robust design: Medical systems are prone to shock, vibration, humidity, liquids, radiation
- Longevity: Qualification of medical systems may take months to years. Service life is expected to be for several years, locked BOM is mandatory.
DiskMFR Industrial SSD Solutions Advantages
- High performance, high reliability and long product life
- Advanced power fail protection
- Compliant with MIL-STD standards
- SMART command to acknowledge scheduled maintenance and replacement times
- Certified data protect and data erasure capability to meet specific military compliance standards
- Low total cost of storage ownership