As a provider of storage for security video servers, our daily project needs are mainly to help build a complete set of video surveillance systems, including a front-end camera, cable, transmission system, storage system, decoding control, and large screen equipment. Storage system is the most important part of the whole monitoring system, storage video is also one of the important evidence for querying events after the event, video files must be properly preserved, not allowed to lose video files, today based on different storage methods for everyone to share how to choose in the system construction.
The storage modes of monitoring mainly include SD card storage, DVR storage, NVR storage, centralized storage, and cloud storage.
SD Card Storage
This type of storage is mainly used in-home monitoring systems, which mainly include SD, NVR, and cloud storage. Sometimes a home with a limited storage budget will not directly buy NVR and use cloud storage, but directly buy a camera, and merchants will give away SD cards. The SD card is inserted into the card slot of the home camera, and the video files are directly saved to the SD card. Also, some scenarios for the wild security system project, area for outdoor equipment, network and power can’t touch, at this time the camera will through solar + 4 g way to solve the problem of the power grid, stored by SD card storage, usually, an SD card generally preserved in 7 to 15 days or so, the video file in 7 to 15 days covered in this cycle in circulation.
- Application scenario: Household, outdoor use, EasyGBS scheme will often meet the use of this storage scheme.
- Advantage: The surveillance video is stored locally. The camera can store the video when the network is disconnected. In addition, memory card storage is cheap, flexible, and lightweight.
- Disadvantages: Limited storage, once the memory card is damaged, the surveillance video will be lost and cannot be retrieved.
DVR can be said to be the core equipment in the simulation monitoring system. In addition to encoding and compression the front-end simulation camera, DVR also needs to store video and control the front-end camera function. At present, this scheme has been gradually replaced by NVR storage. Old devices can be connected to EasyCVR through SDK, so as to obtain real-time stream and video streams of analog devices.
The emergence of network hard disk video recorder, also marks the transition to digital monitoring system from the analog monitoring system to monitor system, front-end IPC after encoding, through the transmission equipment, the IPC data transmission to the NVR, through the NVR IPC to realize the storage and playback of the front-end, technically NVR is more flexible than DVR, not affected by geographical location, NVR can be placed anywhere in the system as long as the network is connected. It is a typical distributed architecture.
- Application scenarios: All security monitoring systems can be deployed on the device and stored locally. Through GB28181 docking EasyGBS, or through eHOME protocol, SDK docking, EasyCVR supports the server to directly obtain NVR video to watch back.
- Advantage: The front-end storage cost is lower when massive devices are stored. Front-end storage effectively releases bandwidth, traffic, server, and cloud storage costs consumed by cloud storage.
- Disadvantages: Positioned in the low-end market, access to the camera is limited, and the function is also limited; If the NVR is damaged, the surveillance footage is lost and cannot be retrieved.
CVR storage is generally called video surveillance centralized storage, which integrates encoding device management, video management, storage, and forwarding functions into a video storage technology. Compared with NVR, it has more functions. CVR has all the functions supported by NVR. CVR centralized storage is a high-performance storage platform that supports hardware expansion and function integration. It is targeted at middle and high-end markets and is suitable for middle and high-end projects such as smart transportation, sky Network, smart city, and Xueliang Project.
- Advantages: Dedicated centralized storage devices, based on storage space provision and storage data management, provide a high-performance platform, support hardware expansion, and function integration, suitable for massive video data storage and management; supports standard streaming media protocols and comply with GB/T28181 standards and ONVIF standard front-end. The storage device is directly connected to the codec or IP Camera and the storage server is omitted.
- Disadvantages: Suitable for massive storage sites and small application scenarios.
The cloud storage system is the top storage mode in the monitoring storage system. It uses cluster and network technologies to centrally store different types of coding devices and application software and provides external data storage and service access functions. The cloud storage system has some similarities with the CVR but has more functions than the CVR.
- Application scenario: Government projects such as cloud on video and cloud on video have high requirements for video data security.
- Advantages: No need to maintain any hardware devices, can view video information from the cloud at any time. The video will not be lost, and the space size is optional. The surveillance video is automatically saved in the cloud and supports remote video playback.
- Disadvantages: The cost of renting cloud storage space is high, and it is a continuous investment. Because the cloud storage system needs to transfer data to the cloud storage system over the network, surveillance videos cannot be saved to the cloud storage system when the local network is faulty.